Monday, August 11, 2008

Oh, for Heaven's Sake

I watched the 1958 version of The Blob starring Steve McQueen this weekend. Did I like it? Oh yes, I did. Do I now want to watch all the "horror" movies from the 50's that I can get my mitts on? Yes. Did I just refer to my hands as "my mitts"? Mmhmm. Would I refer to them as such again? Yes, I would. Did I sneeze twice while typing that? Yep!

I love mid-20th century acting. I love the lack of character development, overuse of stock characters, weak dialogue, special effects, blatant sexism/racism, the list goes on.

I planned to go on and on about the movie, but I just got off the phone with a pleasant old man, and I would rather talk about that.

So, this man works for Pollocks, a company that provides our printers and other computer equipment. In our brief conversation he used the phrases "golly", "son of a gun", and "for heaven's sake". I tried to keep him on longer to learn more cool things to say around my peers to make them like me, but he abruptly ended the conversation. Although, he said he'd call me back (once he finds out where I can get a new transfer unit for my printer, which I need by the end of the day). Oh! The phone's ringing, I hope it's for me!!!!

It was for me, but it wasn't the nice man. Son of gun!

No comments: